25.06.2013

london calling.

V.




Or as Joey would say: LONDON BABY!

Hi you guys! :) As you may or may not have figured out by now- I am going to London in July! :) I've never been there before so I'm really excited. I must say though that I've always been opposed to visiting this city, I don't really know why. I guess, I wanted to explore some parts of America first, - and now that I've been to the East- and Westcoast I can allow myself to spend my vacation money on something else. Actually, the more I focus on reading London travel guides and watching touristy videos, the more thrilled I get! One thing I am going to do first when I arrive in London (after taking the Heathrow airport train to the city and checking in at my hotel) probably is to visit Big Ben or, if it's rainy, to go to the British Museum or Tate Modern! I cannot wait to spend some time there! :)



Normally, I always book my hotels and flights at a travel agency because I do not want to take the risk of making mistakes during the booking process online. I know that sounds dumb and I know that I'm not 70 years old - I just feel better when someone else is doing that for me. :) However, last year, when Esther and I found a flight to SFC for only 660€ we HAD to act fast. There were 3 seats left at that time and we just went for it. I'm telling you, it is such a nerve-wracking thing to know that you are going to spend over a 1000€ on something, -and since you are going to the USA you better not make ANY mistakes when typing in your name, passportnumber etc.. I honestly had to refresh the booking page 50 times to make absolutely sure that everything was in order.. This time it was almost as bad,-just almost. The flight to London and the 4 nights at the hotel there cost me about 580€, which really is a good price considering that I booked everything totally spontaniously. The only "bad" thing is that I have to switch planes in Germany both at the inward and outward flight. But I can do it! :) I am brave and I won't get lost! I can do it! London, Baby! :)


Oh, P.S.: Look what my grandma got me yesterday when she came home from Dublin! 

A super-fancy ball pen with a sheep on top! Isn't that the coolest? :)
 

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen