05.08.2013

huge london update.

V.

Finally, guys, I'm back!! There was so much going on in the last few weeks, I can't even put it in words. Wedding preparations, then London, then wedding preparations again and then - THE WEDDING itself (-I'm talking about my sister's and Clemens' wedding)! I will, however, mention that in a whole 'nother post, as this one would be way too long otherwise.. :)


Alright.. So.. London! London was simply amazing. Such a beautiful city. I honestly didn't think that I would enjoy it that much, however the city blew me away. I've only been there five days, (actually I just had three full days to do the main sightseeing and stuff), so therefore my piece of advice for everyone out there would be- STAY AT LEAST ONE WEEK in London, it's worth it, believe me. Three full days are way too short and that way you're just running around hectically in the city.. I personally cannot wait to go back there.


My journey began on Monday, July 22nd. I arrived in London at around 4pm and got to the hotel at 5pm. After refreshing myself I met my boyfriend at the Leicester Square Underground Station and he immediately showed me around town.. 
Even though I was quite tired that day and sweating heavily due to the incredibly hot and sticky weather in London, we still decided to go to Buckingham Palace to experience the gathering of journalists and camera teams which were awaiting the homecoming of the royal baby! :) (Actually, shortly after I'd arrived at Heathrow Airport I saw the headline news on the airport TV screens "The royal baby is on its way - Kate went into labour"). Great timing, I really must say.



After we gave in to the unbearable heat and the constant yelling of reporters, we decided to walk on to explore other parts of the city ..






















So, on the first day we saw Big Ben, Buckingham Palace, a small park (of which I can't remember the name,- there are like a million parks in London..) :), Trafalgar Square, Covent Garden and at night we went to get something to eat in a really nice restaurant called "Maxwell's". 







I had some delcious Gnocchi Bolognese with arugula and grated Parmesan on top.








On the other days (and I honestly can't remember what came first) we saw a lot of other beautiful places and things.. 






Tate Modern..



Millennium Bridge..



Tower Bridge ..



London Eye ..



Westminster Abbey ..





Harrods ..








Picadilly Circus ..



Oxford Street ..





British Museum ..










Aaaaand my absolute favourite part Notting Hill and Kensington Gardens :) ..















All in all, we've had a marvellous time in London and I cannot wait to go back there .. the next time maybe around Christmas.. :)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen