08.09.2013

budapest love.

V.


Good evening everyone! :)
Today I would like to share some travel pictures with you guys. As you were already able to read in the title,- me and my boyfriend once visited Budapest in February '13 and it was by far one of the most beautiful places I've ever seen. The trip actually was my birthday present from him and I was extremely thrilled to finally visit this wonderful place. As soon as I found out about where we'd stay, I was totally shocked yet excited at the same time.

Our hotelroom wasn't in fact a room, it was a suite that included a kitchen and a small living room! It was unbelievable. I felt like I was in the wrong movie! 

The hotel's called Boscolo Residence which is located in the heart of Budapest and houses suites of various size. 

The Boscolo Residence can be found right next to the Boscolo Hotel, which is a high-class luxury hotel. 

However, the contemporary and youthful design of the rooms at the Boscolo Residence are much more appealing, I think. 



The reason why I'm telling you all of this is, is because we are planning to stay in Budapest on New Year's Eve and for a few more days! :) I am sooo excited already, all that's left to do is pick a hotel and a train. However, the search won't take so long as I've already fallen in love with the Boscolo Residence so much that I can't imagine going anywhere else. I mean seriously,- who wouldn't pay 150€ per person for 2 nights in an excellent 5 star hotel suite with spa and breakfast buffet? That's like nothing! Their service is amazing, the location of the hotel is just heaven. What more could you want, right? 







I really must say,.. I'm definitely intrigued to see a beautiful city like Budapest in the summertime too, however, I also love spending time there when it's snowy and cold. In February, it was already a bit warmer than we'd expected, however there was still this "after-christmas-y" feeling going on everywhere.. 




















The city Budapest is very similar to Vienna on some levels, maybe due to the Austro-Hungarian dual monarchy back in the 19th/20th, during wich time architects, artists, musicians must have spread their inspirations and works everywhere.. So even though it's a totally different location, it still feels like home to me somehow..






Well, but of course, there are also some totally non-Hungarian or Austrian places in Budapest like the Hard Rock Cafe.. (ate a delicious steak there, btw.) :)







If you're ever going to Budapest, I can give you an absolute must see museum tip: The House of Terror is a museum located at Andrássy út 60 in Budapest. It contains exhibits related to the fascist and communist dictatorial regimes in 20th - century Hungary and is also a memorial to the victims of these regimes, including those detained, interrogated, tortured or killed in the building. If you're interested, check out The House of Terror Website.




















One of the restaurants we've been to and that we can highly recommend is a boat restaurant called SPOON, which can be recognized by giant spoons at the entrace door. :) 









Our dinner was absolutely amazing and the view on the Royal Palace from our table was stunning. Afterwards we strolled home towards our hotel and took a look at the fascinatingly beautiful Chain Bridge.

Back at the hotel I ate my take-out Sachertorte (chocolate cake) while watching "Love actually". :)

That night we also dared to take a look at the beautiful spa where we got ourselves some massages as well. I came out there more relaxed than ever before, it was just wonderful!


On our last day we thought we'd get a typical Hungarian lunch,- a goulash, at the Cafe "New York" which is part of the Boscolo Hotel.









 And soon it was bye bye again! But I can't wait to visit you again, lovely Budapest! :)
PS.: Here's a link to a lovely short clip about Budapest in the Wintertime that I found and really adore: BUDAPEST 

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen