13.12.2013

christmas tag.

E&V.





Hey guys! :) Christmas Day is almost here and you know what that means, right? It's time for the ultimate Christmas Tag Challenge in wich we'll answer 21 questions related to the topic and of course welcome all of you to do the same! Just write your answers in the comment box below if you want to participate! :) So let's get started, shall we?

ESTHER

1) Whats your favourite Christmas song?
Damn, that’s a hard question! I really love christmas songs ... ALL of them! I guess my favourites would have to be »Deck the halls«, »Good King Wenceslas«, »The First Noel«, »Hark, the Herald Angels Sing«, »Joy to the World« and a lot of german songs.

2) PJS or dress up on Christmas Eve?
Dress up!

3) Favourite Christmas smell?
Gingerbread, roasted apples and the smell of snow.

4) Favourite holiday movie?
Love actually.

5) When do you put your decorations up?
My mum always decorates our house at the beginning of december. I don’t »do« themed decorations.
 

6) Ultimate Christmas colour?
Red Velvet.

7) What does your Christmas dinner look like?
We don’t have a traditional meal on christmas. When I was little we used to eat something my dad always had when he was little but nowadays we usually have a cheese platter and some bread rolls.
 


8) Santa Claus or Christkind?
Christkind, of course!

9) Real or fake Christmas tree?
Real! We have never had a fake tree.

10) Do you like receiving gifts or giving gifts better?
I rather like to give presents. I don’t mind receiving them but I usually think it unnecessary for people to get me anything.
 

11) Are you a pro-present wrapper or do you fail miserably?
I wouldn't say I'm a »pro«, but I am not the worst neither :)

12) What's your most memorable Christmas moment?
I don't really have one in particular, I love them all!

13) Have you ever had a white Christmas? If so, when?

Sure! I don't remember when though ... a couple of times.

14) Where do you spend your holiday?
At home.

15) Do you open presents on Christmas Eve or Day?
Christmas Eve.

16) What Christmas traditions are you most looking forward to?
The moment we’re standing under the christmas tree on christmas eve with the candles burning. We always sing christmas songs (along to an audio cassette) and it always sounds horrible because only my grandmother is a good singer. It’s always hilarious because most of the time we don’t know the lyrics as well, so we’re just humming along, whilst my father always grumbles the few words he knows especially loudly.

The second moment I love is when we’re finished opening the presents and are just sitting in the living room surrounded by gift wrapping paper, thanking each other and admiring the presents.


17) Best present you've ever gotten?
When I was a little girl I once saw a huge stuffed golden retriever toy in a store and begged my parents to buy it for me. Alas, they declined my pleadings but I continued to dream of this toy for the longest time. I was overjoyed when I saw it waiting for me under the christmas tree and named it »Shadow«.


18) All time favourite holiday food?
Christmas cookies! Before christmas day I am very strict about eating them though. My family and I only eat some of them only on the advent-sundays, which is a tradition I love. Every advent-sunday we light the candle(s) on our advent wreath and sit together drinking tea and eating some christmas cookies.



19) What's on your Christmas wishlist?
Books like »Howl« by Allen Ginsberg, »autobiography« by Morrissey, and a whole lot more I don’t remember right now.




20) What's your Christmas Day/Eve routine?
I usually don’t eat much breakfast because we go to a restaurant to eat some lunch (usually with friends) at a friends restaurant. Afterwards we used to go to the cinema together but ever since we have a dog I stay home with my mother and our dog to go for a walk together, whilst my father and sister go to the cinema. After the walk my mum and I prepare for the evening.
When my father and sister get back from the cinema, my grandmother and uncle come to our house as well and we have christmas eve. After opening the presents we eat some dinner and talk until it is very late.

21) Do you have New Years Eve resolutions?
Nope.

VICKY

1) Whats your favourite Christmas song? 
First question already such a difficult one.. I have to say that I enjoy the oldies more than the newer songs, so my choice would be.. Santa Baby by Eartha Kitt. Oh wait, no.. maybe it's White Christmas by Bing Crosby or The Drifters. But there's also Have yourself a merry little Christmas by Ella Fitzgerald. Ugh.. no I also love Merry Christmas Everyone by Shakin Stevens OR All alone on Christmas by Darlene Love. Alright, you know what, - forget it- I love them all! :) 

2) PJS or dress up on Christmas Eve?
Dress up!  

3) Favourite Christmas smell?
The smell of Christmas trees.

4) Favourite holiday movie?
Ugh, again.. hard to answer. My family's tradition is to watch Love Actually every year the week before Christmas Eve. I already start crying at the very beginning,- but who doesn't? We really love that movie. :) But one classic I've always loved and will always love is Home Alone


5) When do you put your decorations up?
As I am one of the laziest people on this planet I never put decorations up in my apartment in Vienna, however my mum starts decorating our home around the end of November.

6) Ultimate Christmas colour?
Gold.

7) What does your Christmas dinner look like?
For years we've had this tradition of eating different varieties of ham, mayonnaise eggs, cheese etc.. and later cookies of course! :)

8) Santa Claus or Christkind?
Christkind!

9) Real or fake Christmas tree?
Fake! A few years ago my mum decided to not get a real one anymore as it simply is too much work to always pick up those needles that had fallen off the tree when carrying it inside our living room. Of course, my first reaction when I was a kid was like: "NOOOOOOOOO!!! WHY??? I WANT A REAL CHRISTMAS TREE!" Now I consider it reasonable, as for us kids it's always cool and fun to have a real Christmas tree but we don't see all the work involved with its preparations and cleaning most of the time. And it honestly doesn't matter,- except of the missing smell you can't really tell the difference. :)

10) Do you like receiving gifts or giving gifts better?
Giving! I just love the preparation part of presents and always put a lot of effort in each of them. :)

11) Are you a pro-present wrapper or do you fail miserably?
Pro-present wrapper!

12) What's your most memorable Christmas moment?
There are a few I guess.. But the most memorable one would have to be the following: When I was a little girl my mum always put a huge chair in the middle of our living room door on December 24th to block the entry to not allow me to take glance at the Christmas tree and all the preparations going on in there. In the evening, right after we had come back from church, the chair was suddenly gone and I could see the reflection of the Christmas tree's candlelights on the living room walls! However, we still had to wait for the Christmas bell to ring which was operated by the Christkind a.k.a. my dad in order to enter the room. As soon as that bell had rung and the Christkind had flown outside I ran inside and was immediately overwhelmed by the sensuous smell of our Christmas tree and the beautiful lights! Marvellous! :) 

13) Have you ever had a white Christmas? If so, when?
A few times, back in the 90ies .. It rarely snows nowadays on Christmas Eve in Lower Austria. 

14) Where do you spend your holiday?
At home. Or in the museum working. :)

15) Do you open presents on Christmas Eve or Day?
In Austria we open presents on Christmas Eve!

16) What Christmas traditions are you most looking forward to?
Cookie baking, I guess. But we already did that. :) So I guess.. the eating part of Christmas Eve and listening to Christmas Songs.

17) Best present you've ever gotten?
My plushy polar bear friend Pezi. I got him from my sister when I was 11, I believe, after she had come home from Paris. He was wrapped up in a silver, shiny paper (I vividly remember that) and I remember thinking to myself - "what kind of weird lump is that?". As soon as I unpacked the present, though, I realized that I was in love. As I was holding this skinny, white and naked polar bear -who was happily grinning at me- in my hands I knew he'd become my best friend from that day on. And it's still true to this day. :)
18) All time favourite holiday food?
Cookies! :)

19) What's on your Christmas wishlist?
A healthy, happy family. 
                  Oh, and Boy Meets World the Complete Collection. Hrmhrm. (I'll buy that myself.)

20) What's your Christmas Day/Eve routine?
In the morning I get up and exchange presents with my boyfriend and then he usually drives home to his family. For lunch we have a traditional plain soup with dumplings and I've also made it a tradition to always go: "Oh no, not again, mum! We eat that soup all the time!!"- when the soup is served. We do, however, only eat that soup once a year and I always said that as a child because I didn't want to eat it. It still drives my mom crazy when I say that. Haha.. :) I then style my hair a little bit and prepare the outfit for the night. In the late afternoon my granny and I go to the "Kindermette" at our local church where I also meet Esther's and my close friends Lisa and Lisa M. Lisa M. plays the guitar during matins and before my granny and I go back home we always wish each other a merry Christmas. At home I get dressed and we have an aperitive in the dining room. Sometimes my mum still puts the aforementioned chair in the living room doorframe so we have to wait for it to dissapear. :) Then we walk in and recite the Lord's prayer, wish ourselves a merry Christmas and hug each other. Then comes the "Bescherung",- which is the present giving part of the night. As most of us are already very hungry at that part, the presents are being exchanged awfully quickly and we're already moving back to the dining room to indulge in the yummy Christmas food. :) In the later evening we sit in the living room, listen to Christmas songs and enjoy our presents. We never, ever turn on the TV that evening and pretty much always go to bed before midnight. Well and that's all! :) I'm already really looking forward to this year's Christmas Eve!

21) Do you have New Years Eve resolutions?
Oh boy, no. I've given up on those! :)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen