27.01.2014

to grandma's house we go.

V.
 
As I didn't have to go back to Vienna right away at the beginning of the week, I was able to spend my day on the countryside today. After doing some learning for an upcoming test, I headed over to my granny's house for lunch, as she had invited me to join her a few days ago. I always loved spending time at her house when I was a kid and as my granny's house is only a block away from ours, I always packed my bags on the weekends after school and immediately ran over to her place. We always used to play games together, eat lots of great food and stay up late to watch TV shows like "Wetten, dass..?"! :) One thing I absolutely loved as a child was the moment when we went to bed. It was always freezingly cold in grandma's bedroom, but the bedspread was so warm and cozy, so I loved running towards the bed and snuggling the blanket while my grandma gave me a good night kiss. :) In the morning I always got some hot cocoa or malt coffee with some toast. It was lovely! Aww, I see I got a little carried away right now .. but I always think about these kind of things when I enter her house! :)




Alright, so today my granny made me my all-time-favourite-grandma-meal,- "Grießnudeln", which basically are plain noodles with semolina on them. My granny always complains when making them as they're "not a real meal" in her eyes, but I truely love them. :) 


After lunch I got some dessert too while my grandma indulged in one of her daily passions. Coffee. (I bought her that mug, btw, when I was in NYC for the first time,- and she still uses it! :) )
 
We then played one of my favourite card games (and actually the only one I get) - Jolly! - However, there are different rules in that version as it is actually called "Räuber Jolly". I don't really know how to explain the rules to you guys .. but believe me, it was lots of fun! :)


After our little game I went around in granny's house and took pictures of her interior (and of course asked her permission to now post the pictures on this blog!) :)









Oh, well .. about this picture .. funny story actually .. you see the small heartshape on the wallpaper there? Yeah, that was me. Have you ever had one of those moment where you sit around all day, you're somehow utterly bored, your mind goes blank and for no particular reason you do something incredibly stupid that at the time seemed like a genius idea? Well, I had one of those moment right then and there. I was painting some lions (my favourite motives, I really gotta say) that afternoon, then looked behind me and suddenly felt like .. "hey, that wall could use some ornamental touch". So I did it. I went right for that heartshape. Well.  As soon as the doodle was on the wall though, I went "Oh. My. God. What have I done?" and tried to get it off real quick before granny gets into the livingroom. Genius me, however, didn't realize at that time that a ballpen is not a pencil and that my masterpiece would not come off that easily. While trying to scrub it off the wall like a maniac I could already hear my granny's footsteps in the next room. There was no way out. I had to tell her. I didn't, however, I didn't have the guts, - she found out herself when she looked at my face ..



.. and then at the wall. However, - and that's what really surprised me, she was totally fine with it and went like: "Well. Now it gives it a personal touch. I like it." I was totally awestruck by her coolness,- even though she was never strict with me at all, I still didn't expect her to be so calm. Yeah. So that heart's still there, just wanted you guys to know that. Well, there was actually another incident concerning a Coca Cola explotion on her rug, but that's a whole 'nother story.

The picture hanging above my masterpiece is in fact another handmade masterpiece by my mom that she made when she was a kid. My granny put three of her works on her living room wall and we both love them!  My mom really was and still is very crafty as you can see and I admire her for that enormously! :) Later, my grandma showed me her collection of vintage bags and told me that they were highly popular at the time when she was a young girl. I find it absolutely fascinating how much time and effort people had put into making these fashion items, as it must have taken them a decade to finish one of them. Really nice!



Here's actually another one of my souvenirs I got for my granny when I was in SFC with Esther in 2012! (Has it really been so long?? 2012? Oh my god Esther, we have to go back there very soon!) 
 
In the afternoon my mum picked granny up to drive her to the bank and I went home to return to my studies. It was a lovely day and like always, granny and I had lots of fun! :)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen