26.10.2014

excursion.

V.



As some of you might know, I'm an art history student and currently in my second master semester. Just like all my fellow students I have to absolve two so called "excursions", one inland and one abroad. The inland excursion started about a week ago and ended yesterday evening, including travel destinations such as Upper Austria, Salzburg, Bavaria (not so much inland, I guess), East Tyrol and Styria. Since our teacher is an expert in Byzantine art and architecture, we only visited churches that in some way were inspired by this particular style. In each city, 4-6 people gave a speech on the characteristic features of the building we were in and later started a discussion with the whole group. As you can imagine, we were always quite exhausted after 12-hour church analysis and were happy to go back to bed. Looking back at all of it know, I really must say though that I absolutely treasure the whole experience. I know it sounds cheesy, but it's true. I am definitely not a flagship-student, however I do feel that the whole excursion sharpened my perception of architecture and encouraged me to think more critically and observe more precisely. But enough with the boring talks, let's get to the pictures, shall we? :) Even though I didn't want to take my camera with me at first, I am now extremely happy that I did. I totally fell in love with my homecountry, exploring the beautiful landscapes and villages that we had passed through. I hope you'll enjoy the upcoming impressions as much as I do. 

U  P  P  E  R    A U S  T  R  I  A










S  A  L  Z  B  U  R  G




















B  A  V  A  R  I  A













E  A  S  T      T  Y  R  O  L










S  T  Y  R  I  A









Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen